Instrument cluster failed

Hi,

Opened the car today to see the instrument cluster lifeless, checked fuses which are all ok and am now resigned to the need for repair/replacement. Car is out of warranty (07 model) so I'm keen to keep the costs down if possible, has anyone had experience of a repair service in the West Yorkshire area? 

Thanks in advance

Has someone with VCDS checked it over?

On my mk 1 which were known for this.  I gradually lost the dials.  The link does not show mk11 octavias, but maybe a start.

The immobiliser data is held on the dash, so you had to have a new dash matched to your car.  This was rather expensive from the dealer. 

I sent mine out for repair.  A bit inconvenient, but a lot less.  Remove dash.  Package well.   Recoded Delivery.  Wait, one week as promised.  Refit.  Job Done.  £150.

There were rather a lot of warnings about possible total loss, which was a bit worrying at the time.  I used http://www.clusterrepairsuk.co.uk/repair/make/skoda   (the same location, but seems too similar to another company now?).

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info, after speaking to a local auto electrical repair centre I've arranged repair with a company called BBA Reman in Kent. Courier to pick up tomorrow and hopefully returned on Friday.