BMW 330D - e90

kiddy1

Ok, so I'm seriously looking at upgrading to one of these monsters from my little Fabia.

Have any of you folks any experience of these cars? Any knowledge would be a big help.

I'm not sure on the miles I'll be covering so it's between the 330D, 135i and a Golf R - very different cars I know!

Thanks

Guest BigJase88

I have an e90 320d and the old boy has a 335d e90

There was a facelift which is known as the lci. Think it came in about 2009 and the cars look nicer

I have a pre lci but still a nice motor

Watch out for 18 / 19" alloys that have runflats (they all do) as they like cracking alloys as the tyres have no give

Edited by BigJase88

• 1 month later...

Kiddy - from another Geordie.

Try the equivalent forum for bmw ie bimmerforums or F30post for F30s. 2012 onwards.

Have a BMW 335D msport XDRIVE on order (0-60 in 4.8 secs yet 40 mpg). Looking forward to it as you may imagine.

By the way if you buy new read the forum as a must. Posters on F30 post regularly are getting 16 to 20 per cent off PCP purchase price say between £6000 -and £10,000. This makes second hand buying for nearly new as very risky.

Wasn't there some scare about turbo vanes on certain BMW 6 cylinder diesels? They were on a shopping list for one of my car changes once and I'm sure there was an issue -not sure which years though.

Wasn't there some scare about turbo vanes on certain BMW 6 cylinder diesels? They were on a shopping list for one of my car changes once and I'm sure there was an issue -not sure which years though.

Think that relates to the older models with 'swirl flaps' on the turbo/intake

Kiddy - from another Geordie.

Try the equivalent forum for bmw ie bimmerforums or F30post for F30s. 2012 onwards.

Have a BMW 335D msport XDRIVE on order (0-60 in 4.8 secs yet 40 mpg). Looking forward to it as you may imagine.

By the way if you buy new read the forum as a must. Posters on F30 post regularly are getting 16 to 20 per cent off PCP purchase price say between £6000 -and £10,000. This makes second hand buying for nearly new as very risky.

Thanks for the info Tom, lovely sounding machine on its way to you :) There's no way I can afford a brand new one, I'm probably in the market for a 2009/10 plate with 30-40k on the clock.

Think I'm going to wait and see if I get a job I've applied for and if I get it, splash out and look for optional extras etc.