My Skoda Felicia Pickup!

my daily hack is a 1.9D felicia pick up which I love I have no idea why, its just a nice little truck, it used to be a cube van but is now a pick up!!

Only problem was the gearbox whined like mad!!! doesn't any more as it wouldn't stay in gear so is now on the floor of the barn.

But I have no idea how to remove the gear linkage rod that goes from the box the bottom of the gearstick from the gearbox???? there looks like there is a bit of pipe like a locating pin do bash this out to release it?

once i work out how to upload photos i will

You have to take out pin 7 (see photo) with a pin punch. If you rebuild your gearbox, Briskoda community would be interested to see photos made step by step or even better a video. Keep us posted..

sr03_zps92d252bc.jpg

Fantastic thank you!! do you know if the pin needs to go up or down to be released?

I got a replacement box to fit, the oil that came out of my old box looked like molten metal it was a nice shiny silver colour!!

AHH HAA here is my Beast!!

IMG_2321_zps70d06d4a.jpg

IMG_2552_zps62ef7ca2.jpg

IMG_2541_zps31d219f9.jpg

Well... it's upwards for both removal and installation, given the fact that normally when you're under the car you only have access from below. But I don't think it counts anyway, the hole is cylindrical, not conical.

Just for the fun of it I would open the old gearbox and see what lurks inside. At least on 5th gear area.

Edited by adurer