Anyone running a DTUK box on a 150bhp CR?

I got one of the CRD-T units installed on my MK7 Golf 2.0 GT BM a couple of weeks back, which has the newer 150bhp engine.

Their office is just down the road from me so I was able to "try before I buy"

Coming from a long line of "properly mapped" high performance petrol Skodas (my 340bhp MK1 Octy and my Shark stage 2 TSI OCty 2) I wasn't expecting it to deliver as much of a gain as a remap but the result feels very good. Massive dollop of extra torque and pulls much more freely to about 4500-5K when it runs out of puff as is usual with Diesels.

On Map 4+1 it goes very well indeed and I just wanted to know what map other people are running on these engines?

Cheers

Ron

I see they have boost and fuel sensor connections which is quite advanced for a tuning box.

Did Andrew fit the box and advise you about the settings?

Andrew is an agent for DTE Systems of Germany who manufacturer them.

Be interesting to see a dyno chart.

I got one of the CRD-T units installed on my MK7 Golf 2.0 GT BM a couple of weeks back, which has the newer 150bhp engine.

On Map 4+1 it goes very well indeed and I just wanted to know what map other people are running on these engines?

I doubt anyone here is running a proper map on one but very interested to hear if any are. IMO the 150 is very nice as standard, noticeably better than the older 140cr unit. :)
  • Like 1

I wonder when they are going to use the 2.0 bi turbo 180 bhp engine thats fitted to the people carriers.

180 bhp is just the start for this engine and it's rumoured there is a 220-240 bhp variant

Do you mean the one that's used in the top end California? I dont think thats anything to do with the twin turbo that VAG have supposedly been developing for their cars and the Cali one doesnt map to well (not for what you'd expect a twin turbo to be capable of anyway).

*goes off wondering if the stunningly good Audi 3 litre bi turbo would fit an Octy 3 engine bay....* :rofl: 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Do you mean the one that's used in the top end California? I dont think thats anything to do with the twin turbo that VAG have supposedly been developing for their cars and the Cali one doesnt map to well (not for what you'd expect a twin turbo to be capable of anyway).

*goes off wondering if the stunningly good Audi 3 litre bi turbo would fit an Octy 3 engine bay....* :rofl: 

I took a look at the engine and the intake manifold looks very restrictive