Best stage 3 kit ? JBSo4 OR APR III ?

Raj M

Those APR stage 3+ kits are awesome

Seen some footage of audi and golfs with them

Fook :)

But dont come cheap

Even my APR stage 2 was nice, and i still think it was more awesome than the revo tbh

Awesome Gti had a golf and i think a TT at inters 1 year with the APR stuff and were flying

:D even cained the 600bhp jbd octy lol

If you have £4k plus (just for the turbo kit!) to spend then go somewhere like badger5 and get a bespoke build!

With those kits you will need to build the motor with rods minimum and from there it's a very steep and slippery slope!

I love my st3 car,but even I get bored of spending money on it sometimes ;-(

Buuuuut when it's running spot on its epic,I never get bored of leaving VXR8's behind! ;-)

Hahaha

I've just seen the guys in Bangalore...

Guess that rules out a trip to badger5 then...

+1 for the KO4 tfsi route,no cracking manifold issues,love the heat,OEM reliability!

Better torque than a garret kit as well! ;-)

If you go this route you're talking big bills to get all the supporting mods done like TIP,FMIC,boost pipes,downpipe,engine build,large port head (if you want!) with valve train!

The list can be endless!

Also you need to look beyond the turbo kit many other parts need upgrading to cope

Again something that's overlooked by cheque book people

Very true no point having all that power on a standard chassis and brakes. You'd find the wrong side of a hedge very quickly.

Awesome Gti had a golf and i think a TT at inters 1 year with the APR stuff and were flying

:D even cained the 600bhp jbd octy lol

600bhp....b0llock$!!

The car never had 600bhp...

LOL

It was "apparently" 602.8 bhp....

Again...

LOL

Food for thought. An octy that has the correct chassis drive train and braking mods will put many big turbo equipped cars to shame. Fact !

Yep no point in Just slapping a big turbo on it..

Needs to have all the bits too.

Food for thought. An octy that has the correct chassis drive train and braking mods will put many big turbo equipped cars to shame. Fact !

Not really an Octavia any more is really lol

In reality more than 300brake through a front wheel drive car is just gonna wheel spin, burn rubber and torque steer

Edited by skud missile

If it's an autobahn screamer you require. Then yes biggest bang for buck is simply bolt a huge turbo and supporting mods on and away you go. However in the UK we are limited to the laws of the land and all the restrictions that apply. So the track is where it's at ! You just have to watch Boss Fox in his standard ish Yeti and cossie1 in his road legal octy track car to realise it's not all about the BHP.

• Like 1

This theory was well proven by me getting overtaken by all sorts at Combe....even as a track novice! ;-)

In reality more than 300brake through a front wheel drive car is just gonna wheel spin, burn rubber and torque steer

Traction wasn't an issue for me....heat soak is the party pooper on track!

Good linear mapping is the key to getting the power down....and good tyres....and a diff....

• Like 1

Completely agree with the above..

I've been using my mates (my old stage 2 275/299) LCR for the last week,

and that has rubbish tyres and no LSD fitted..and is worse than my car for wheelspin..

Good coilovers, Big brakes, ARB's all round, Cast wishbones, LSD, Polybushed to the hills

^ Youd be better off with that then 300hp.....Im on the standard map and with just coilovers and polybushes the handling is transformed and i havent even got the RARB yet or the cast wishbones or the LSD or the big brakes!

Id much rather get round a corner faster than some prune in with "All the power and nooo idea"