Exhaust rattle at idle?

I think the exhaust on my Felicia is rattling at idle.  The rearmost rubber mount is held together with cable ties and has been for the past 4 years according to the advisories on the previous MOTs so I assume there's too much play in it now hence the rattle.

Is this an easy job to DIY on the driveway or should I go to a local exhaust place and have them check it out?  I assume there are other rubber mounts further forward that also might need replacing?

Had no problem getting underneath it enough to refurb the gear linkage so hopefully that'll be fine.....  Ordered a full set of rubbers so if anyone's got any tips on how best to get the old ones off that'd help (my experience so far with this car is that everything is well and truely caked in 14 years / 166k miles of crud and takes an age to remove!)

Get a flat blade screwdriver into the slots at the top of the clip and lever them off. Alternative is to tap the bottom of the clip with a hammer. When refitting, I use pliers or mole grips to squeeze the clip into position. Not sure if new clips are still available, I usually grab any I find in the breakers yard for spares. When I fit new mounting rubbers, I always put a cable tie around the outside of the rubber, but not too tight. The rubber still does it's job, but is stops it from getting over stressed and splitting.

• Like 1