Bye Bye VRS

well she's gone today - heading south as i type..

great car - jack of all trades and whist master of none a fantastic family fast estate - been brilliant 

I'm sure the new owner will be along on here at some point - great guy - testament that like minded people on these forums can make car sales a better experience!

I'm sure i'll be back on here at some time - but next stop is a ford focus st estate.... why you may ask? 

1) way cheaper than the vrs to buy nearly new (ST-3  1yr old 9k miles £17,400 via ford direct)

2) Recaros.... yum yum

3) on paper its quicker (doesn't feel it to be honest)

4) the main reason is a daft one - I've' never owned the same car in a row... 

it aint that pretty but the vrs to be honest isnt exactly a beauty queen - very purposeful looking opposed to the meek focus looks. I must admit when the focus was released i was not a fan of the looks but it has definitely grown on me.

so see you all in about 2.5 years time if skoda get there pricing / product right again.

Sorry to see you go matey - good luck with the new motor.

The focus wagon is one of the very few cars that really competes with a petrol vrs estate - i looked at one and was impressed but for me the smaller boot lets it down.

I managed with an alfa 156 gta SW boot so i should manage with the focus. Kids are getting older so not as much need for all the rubbish to be carted everywhere in the boot.

Still going to need a roof rack for camping though - the tent fills the boot near enough in the vrs!

Focus is mid way noise between vrs and GTA (which was a bit too much!)

As you say Rob-e - not much out there competing with the vrs and st estate petrols - this side of £20k anyhow...

£750 ford discount and 2 years unlimited mileage on a used car sealed the deal - working out £30 a month cheaper than than the vrs! 

I was very interested in the new Ford ST but I was put off when I read it had a huge turning circle, do you find this an issue?

you need to experience an alfa gta for poor turning circles... you cant drive into parking places in a multi-storey car park.... super quick short rack