Should I get the bonnet wrapped? - Anyone good at Photoshop?

I'm thinking about wrapping the bonnet of my VRS in gloss black

gallery_102125_1037_9984.jpg

Not sure if this will be overkill with the black? 

Is anyone good enough on Photoshop to be able to see what it looks like? 

Or has anyone done it to a race blue Fabia so I can get an idea of what it would look like?

Suggestions on whether or not you think it would look nice are also welcome :) 

Cheers

No access to photoshop here at work, however I think that this could look really nice if you can match the wrap to the black pack grille.

Generally any aesthetic mods I've seen on here have been quite modest and conservative, would love to see how a black bonnet turns out.

I think your car has the right colour combo.

• Like 1

chrysler-ypsilon-s-series--hatchback-201

Ypsilon not a looker and underneath it shares platform with a Lancia but your post reminded me I had seen one of these and I think the tie in of bonnet roof and pack make for a nice idea

An app called Sketchbook mobile on a phone with a huge screen and a stylus...

It's no Photoshop as you can't adjust colour balances unfortunately but you can use layers etc .

So what do you think of the wrap idea now most importantly?

Found an image that looks like what I'm after :) Although the bonnet in the picture only seems to have the middle section black, not the whole bonnet?

mCihaVQtjZGgaLMU_eQcP1w.jpg

I really like the alloys on it as well, so if anyone recognises the alloys or knows of some that look similar. I would like to know :) 

Noooootheres one around here that has a wrapped roof,bonnet and bootlid and it looks horrific...although i think its carbon wrapped so black could look better

I wouldn't do the boot, that may be over kill. 

I suppose worst comes to worst I can always take it off if I don't like it, I plan to do it myself as it will be cheaper than taking it to a shop, Iv'e been quoted £90 for wrapping the bonnet and I can get the wrap for just under £30, so I thought I would give it a go myself first.

Thats not too bad then :) just make sure to use soppy water wjen wrapping to make it easier to slide the bubbles out :)

Shall do! I've done all my research :) I'll be taking it to my mates garage as well to use his proper heat gun and do it inside to make sure I don't get any dirt underneath the wrap. 

Probably wont get done until after Christmas but I will keep this post updated when its done :) 

Thanks for all the replies!

Got round to wrapping my bonnet this weekend :) Doesn't look too bad in my opinion, not for a DIY job any ways :) I got the wrap from this company : http://www.mdpsupplies.co.uk/vehiclewrapping.asp

Proper cheap for around £8 a meter (only needed 2 meters to do the bonnet with some left over)! It was really durable and easy to work. Would defiantly recommend people giving it ago themselves before taking it to the professionals.

Got a little bit left over and not sure what to do with it... Any ideas?

11jloqa.jpg 

21jmzh1.jpg

Let me know what you think :) 

Not too bad but i think it needs smoothing into the a piller or something

You could do what i done with the left over bits and do the pillers next to the drls and the grill (theres pics on here somewhere im sure)

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

anyone ever seen a candy white with black top and black wheels with the bonnet wrapped? i love how adaptable these cars are, there is so many different things people have done and i think most of all its great how it divides opinion, nothing like a good talking point..

Have you looked through the vRS Register pics & Roadtest Pics at the top of the page.

There is a White with Wrapped Roof & Bonnet someplace, it is on silver alloys, with 215/35 R 18's

i will see if i can find the pictures later, i had them on my PC.

Maybe they come up on Google Images.