Attempting to adjust steering assist level but having problems

elnigel

Hi,

I have a 2006 fabia and have searched the forum for details of how to recode the steering weight. I think I followed them correctly but when I change the number and click 'do it' nothing happens and the soft code continues to be shown as the previous figure before my change.

Could anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong?

Apologies if this has already been answered somewhere,I did a search but couldn't come up with an answer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hi, sorry, should have put that on. Its full version, real cable. Although I am only running version 704.1 as the only laptop I own is very vintage!

Have used it fine for logging sensors etc and DTCs. Just can't get it to do this.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk

Had this issue with father in laws car and VCDS, initially borrowed a laptop with very old version and would not complete, then borrowed a friends later version and it worked ok. I have since got my own cable and am on version 12.12 and it is a breeze to adjust. Is there any particular reason you are reluctant to upgrade software, as new version appears quite stable in use.

Hope it helps

Hi guys,

Thanks for your help. My only reason for not upgrading is that I only dust off this computer for using VCDS and otherwise leave it on a shelf in the garage. It doesn't have wifi so I will need to climb on a chair and plug it into my router.

Will stop being lazy and will get it upgraded, and by what you are saying, that should work. It is running XP (very slowly) so should be up to required specs.

Thanks for your input.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk