vRS headlight bulb

hostman

Hi,

Looks like a headlight bulb on drivers side has failed on my vRS.

In all years of car ownership I've never needed to change a car bulb ...

Are these things easy to replace on the vRS'? What bulb do I need?

The twist before the bulb pops out on men was an absolute mother, I was convinced I was going to break it.

Small hands are a must

You need an H7, I have Osram Nightbreaker Plus Gold Limited Edition, well rated bulb and £20.00 a set from Amazon or ECP

I was given some by "skodaboy" Davy, as he traded in his fabia, and took the bits off it.. think they were Phillips ones of some kind, but I have never had a problem with my lights anyway! the Phillips ones are "whiter" ..

there are lots of different fabia lights though, my early vRS (60 plate) had different lights to the standard fabia, my 13 plate vRS has different lights again!

my last one had the "projector" and a bulb seperate that was full beam, now something electric happenes with the projector, and the full beam comes out of that!

I have the projector plus separate full beams.

Going to have a tinker with my adjustment at the weekend as the overlap of the left and right seems to be off a little, leaving me with some dead patches (less illuminated areas) in the middle of the beam.

They do a job but could be better.

Full beams are still on stock bulbs and are fine.