OSR Door Lock Problem

Phil-W

Hi all,

As per title, I'm having trouble with my OSR door lock (it doesn't work). One day it simply just.. Stopped (03 vRS).

I replaced the whole lock etc today and it's still not working. When the door is opened the warning light comes on the dash, does this mean the micro switch is fine?

I need to get a multimeter to check 12v signals, are broken wires common at all? The doors aren't fused individually are they?

I assumed changing the door lock would fix the problem but obviously not..

TIA :)

Check the wiring in the b pillar for breaks in the signal wire, also check the loom as it passes through the door. I assume the lock is a known new or good working unit that you fitted?.

If that does not yield any fruit, then it is a vcds scan to see what the main module is doing.

Hmm sounds like same issue as mine. Power to door lock only gets triggered from the remote canbus to the door lock when remote is activated. I had a faulty door loom. Quite easy to replace. I would hang in a spare loom and connect it up to b pillar and plug into all the door parts like window reg and door lock. Fixed my issue. The door looms are pants and get fatigued due to age and rain water running through door.

Sent from my Samsung S3

Wondered if you would pop a reply in chap!

Ill look into getting a new door loom then...

You know me......:D

I think the osr and nsr looms are identical. I may be able to get one if you get stuck.

Sent from my Samsung S3