Possible PCV?

On a long run today stopped at traffic lights. Handbrake on and car in neutral I noticed the revs rising and dropping then the car would hunt. Is this issue to do with the PCV? It didn't through the EML on. The car was also hot at the time. Thanks James 

Take the oil filler cap off. If there's no vacuum or a very strong vacuum then it's stuffed. Also the engine should stutter but not die but if it doesn't seem affected by removing the cap then it's time to change the valve. It's about a £30 part and takes about 20 minutes to change.

Going to ring Skoda in Stoke first thing to find if my warranty means I can take the car to Oswestry. If not ill just pop it there anyway as its cheaper to buy the part than a 120 mile round trip