Bluetooth following upgrade

jonro2009

Merry Christmas all!

Vodaphone gave me a christmas present for my Samsung Note 2, an upgrade to Jellybean 4.3

It's a great upgrade but when I came to play my music via bluetooth the Amundsen+ does not show the track name as it used to. It just says 'bluetooth audio' I now cannot change the track using the skip arrows and if I use the phone for a call the music does not restart automatically I have to press play on the phone.

Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix? I can't find anything in the settings anywhere on the phone or radio.

It's a minor but annoying issue

Thanks

Jon

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Without direct experience I'd say it's probably that the amundsen isn't compliant with the way bt works over jellybean (android 4.3).  Annoying as my S3 is also on jellybean and my new monte tech has the amundsen too.

Without checking I don't know if 4.3 added any features to BT (or unlocked them) - I'm not that upto speed - but I'll have ask round.  It's extremely difficult to role back newer Sammy's back (I last tried with an S2) but depending on the age of your handset rooting and putting an older rom (cryanogomod 4.2 eg) on might solve the issue.

I'll ask my dealer when I nip in to sign the paperwork for the new car too.

Edited by capriboy

:/  Quick look and results seem odd.  4.3 implemented BT low energy - for fitness stuff etc and also 'standardized' the BT stack used - many people seem to found that the track info metadata etc works with 4.3 where it didn't before.  However there are reports that Samsung Note's have issues on 4.3 - I haven't found any solutions yet (other than other people suggesting rooting and using cryanogomod etc).

Useful reading http://www.droid-life.com/2013/07/24/a-look-at-whats-new-in-android-4-3/

Edited by capriboy

Thanks for the info capriboy

I'm going to try a different music player today and see if that makes any difference. I was using one of the 2 stock players so I will try the other one.....which I don't like so much, and see if that works.

I will report back later.

I checked some different players. The music app pre installed on the phone sends the track info but I still can't change the track via the head unit so I tried rocket player. Not a bad app, it sends the track info to the head unit but again I still can't change the track. My phone is encrypted for work and I can't root it. However with rocket player the option to change track is available on the lock screen so I guess it's a compromise.

Any other advice would be great. I'm hoping for an update to fix this.......

Any joy?  The dealer was stumped but I had a quick play with the settings int he amundsen and there's an option to enable track skip with the arrows ont he top left on the unit.  I presume thats what you were using before?

Mine worked 'out of the box' with a S3 - tack info and skip - however the s3 is nagging me to update to 4.3.  Personally I don't see the need as with every Galaxy I've had they get slower and glitchier with each update.

Still no joy :-(

My Note 2 worked flawlessly on 4.2 connected up and could use the top left buttons on hu to skip tracks. Sadly no more.

4.3 is. A good upgrade on the Note. And according to my dad is pretty good on the S3 now they have got over the battery drain issue.

Where did you find the settings on the Amundsen+ for skipping tracks?

Your welcome, once the other half is back i'll nip out and have another play.  If I find it I'll write the steps down to find the particular setting.

It stuck in my mind originally as I'd not even noticed those buttons up there on the top left until I looked for them after seeing them in the menu.  I pressume there CD skip fwd and bkwd.

HaD a quick play. Can't find the setting :/ only to change what those buttons do in radio mode. Not that updating Android should have altered this in car anyway but maybe it's worth reseting the amundsen to factory settings? Would presume you'll lose all saved nav days mind like addresses etc.

On a related note did work out that the teo little stalk buttons for the centre dash display also change track when display is in audio mode.

The little stalk buttons in question is the rocker switch on the end of the wiper stalk.

I've got a Motorola RAZR which is Android Jellybean and the Amundsen shows track data but not artist and you can change tracks with the arrow buttons on the top corner of the unit, this has worked straight out the box with no setting needed on the phone or the head unit.

The little stalk buttons in question is the rocker switch on the end of the wiper stalk.

I've got a Motorola RAZR which is Android Jellybean and the Amundsen shows track data but not artist and you can change tracks with the arrow buttons on the top corner of the unit, this has worked straight out the box with no setting needed on the phone or the head unit.

the rocker on the stalk just changes the view on the MFD for me but I will try again.

What version of jellybean are you running? Mine worked fine on 4.2 but 4.3 upgrade has changed all that!

My phone says version 4.1.2, no updates available it says so that's maybe why I still get the track info, track skip etc.

I know before my Monte went in for the pulling, my IPod would always start from the beginning again after the engine had been switched off but now it starts from where it left off. I know it had a diagnostics and update done as it said so on the invoice, it was all free so maybe your car might need an update for the Amundsen which might sort it.

I might be barking up the wrong tree but it might be worth a try.

• Like 1

Did you get anywhere with this?

I haven't updated my S3 and I'm having niggles too.  It started a few days ago, after working for the first part of the journey I left the car, came back and the phone paired as usual (i'd left BT on) - however track skip via the stalk or < > buttons stopped working.  I could still change track via the phone but... the display remained showing the first track played info.  Grrr.

When I next got in the car track skip worked but the display merely showed Bluetooth Audio.  I unpaired last night and reconnected - everything worked great except the display again remained showing the first track.  

I've not had time to play with the settings but I'm assuming that as nothing has changed with my phone and the amundsen is doing different things each time the issue is with the stereo.  My shiny new tech is pulling to the left and has been booked in to sort it - I'm going to ask the service dept about the audio issue too.  Not impressed really.

I'm no further forward but I haven't spoken to Skoda yet.

Sorry to hear about your issues is a pain in the a#@e when the little things don't work!

I will be trying to speak to the dealer this week some time.

Thanks,

mines really hit n miss.  I do find though (more often than not) that switching media inputs (to say CD) for a few seconds then switching back tends to sort it.   As well as issues already discussed mine will 'lag' switching tracks even when everything seems otherwise ok - it doesn't do this often but when it does it's v annoying.  

I'm going to try an ipod / one of the 'kids' android phones as well as my playbook and Nook HD+ tablets and see what happens with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it's been a while but tonight on my way home from work I put the music through bluetooth and it just said 'bluetooth audio' on the display and then the track ID came up. I gave the track skip buttons a wee press and they worked! Note I have changed nothing on the phone or head unit recently but I do have my phone set to auto update so it could have had a slight upgrade. Anyway it may be worth doing a hard reset on your Android device and see if that helps?