Headphones with optical connection

shrops_paul

Hi.

Can anyone please recommend some headphones that I can connect to the tv or my Xbox via an optical cable, since neither have a normal 3.5mm connection :(

Not looking to spend a fortune and happy to lom on eBay or similar for 2nd hand f necessary.

I was thinking of getting a small as possible AV receiver but it seems OTT Just to play Xbox!

Ta

Try Turtle Beach. I have X41 (now superceeded by X42) and XP500 and they are fantastic, especially the XP500 with the ability to connect to you mobile by Bluetooth. Word of warning, some wireless headsets operate on the same frequency as some Wi-Fi routers and prevent the XBox from updating, just switch off the headset until the update is completed.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/headsets

Fin

i have the Turtle Beach XP500's which are really good, the new version are the XP510's which is improved over the XP500's the downside to them is cost and that they are expensive and currently don't work for chat on Xbox one but are great for the 360

I use a Turtle Beach DSS2 - Takes an optical input and outputs in stereo or surround to any headset meaning you aren't restricted.

Reasonable surround on Turtle Beach X12, better on Sennheiser X320s and bleeding awesome on my Sennheiser HD555s. Better sound than via the headphone jack on the TV but not quite as clear in stereo as my 5.1 amp headphone output (but it's tiny and cheap).

The HD555s are the best sound but needed the Turtle Beach / Sennheiser X320s for the mic and xbox chat.

Edited by Lemming