wing mirror

Guest pbbroon

Had similar, just not going up and down but still going left and right. Drivers side (Door,to be pedantic… can't remember the last time I had a wing mirror, lol) mirror fine. 

After consulting dealer (Thanks Preston, Forest Gate), it turned out to be a broken wire in the rubber bellows that goes from the door to the chassis/frame of the car. You can quite easily unclip the chassis side, then squeeze back the bellow, carefully inspecting all the small wires. any broken ones need adjoining again. I did mine with a small block terminal for convenience but it would be best to splice/solder in a new small section of wiring and cover it with shrink-wrap or insulating tape. Even better, a rewire but most likely too expensive, despite only being a short harness. :thumbup:

Thbis is a very easy starting point as I started by stripping down the mirror(s) first and swapping the left and right mirror's motors, thinking it was that, after someone suggesting motor failure. :moon:

Edited by mrgf