Build Week 16 AAAHHHHHHH!

Finally got a reply from the finance company who I'm leasing my new VRS Estate through with the Build Week and it's 16 FFS!

I placed the order the 12th of November and there was a 2 week cooling off period before the order was placed due to the finance agreement but I wasn't expecting week 16 as it's a bog standard Diesel VRS Estate, the only extra is the spare wheel.

Anyone any idea when I'm actually likely to receive the car with a WK 16 build date.

Peed off.

Cheers

Look on the bright side. Winter will be over and you will not need to wash it so often to make it sparkle. B/W 16 means you should get it early-mid May, but a lot of cars have had their weeks moved forward recently so you may see it sooner.

Thanks for the replies guys.

On one hand I'm desperate to get the new VRS as my 2010 VRS was handed back to the leasing company at the beginning of December so we are down to having to use the wifes car which is a PITA, as I need to drop the kids and school then her at work, then drive to my work and then do it all in reverse when I finish.

But it's nice to have the extra cash that I'd be paying per month and diesel go towards the Xmas overdraft

I went into local dealership last week with the intention of placing an order for a brand new vRS estate but got put off by the 5 month waiting time I was advised of.  Apparently 2012/13 only 8% of all Octavia's produced were vRS model this has now increased to over 30% for 2013/14.

Fortunately for me, they had a 1 owner full spec (bar Sat Nav) 63 plate racing blue vRS waiting for me with just 741 miles on the clock! 

I collect Saturday

I am never quite sure if this is a good idea. Less than a 1000 miles is practically a new car so you are likely to get a great deal. But then again how did the guy/girl who had a car like this for less than a 1000 miles actually drive the thing?

My concern is always that it was driven without any care and suffers the consequences of that later on.

I can see the appeal of quick delivery but I don't think it would outweight my apprehension of buying something that potentially comes pre-loaded with issues.

It's a difficult call.

It's a very valid point bichti and one I did ask plenty of questions about. However there were some very valid reasons and the person is a long standing customer of that dealership. The car was just not for him. Time will tell I guess!

• 1 month later...

Well I got some good news today after called the broker to get an update on my VRS. I'd emailed him a couple of times over the last 2 weeks with no reply so I wasn't expecting good news but was happy to hear that my car is out the factory and on route to the boat.

So I'm guessing I'll have it in 2-3 weeks judging on the timings that others have mentioned on hear.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk