vRS FL Query

Hi All,

So..... my hunt for a used Octy continues and my path has crossed with an Octy that ticked lots of boxes - until I looked at the radio. Instead of the Bolero that I always thought was a standard fit, it has a Swing radio. So no SD card, just the Aux input.

If that's not unusual I'm thinking something else is odd in that when I went to look how long the car thought it had until the next service, this function did not work. Hope I am making sense - where you press and hold for two secs and then you get the choice of MFD, Audio, Setup(?) This function just did not work.

Not sure if I am reading too much into the above - just that I am thinking the two could be connected or maybe car was modded in some way or has had some dodgy repair.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Can't advise on the radio but to check the sevice interval on my Octavia vRS I need to twist the bottom knob to the left and not push in as you have described above. Should add that my car does not have maxidot (and I have no idea if that makes a difference)

The standard head unit on all UK spec FL OCtavia's is the Bolero.

The Stream was fitted to the pre-FL.

Can you be sure the car isn't an import? If not then the previous owner has had reason to swap out the radio which would set alarm bells ringing for me.

Perhaps they fitted their own ICE and sold the Bolero. Then when selling the car bought the cheapest OEM looking solution they could find?

The standard head unit on all UK spec FL OCtavia's is the Bolero.

The Stream was fitted to the pre-FL.

Can you be sure the car isn't an import? If not then the previous owner has had reason to swap out the radio which would set alarm bells ringing for me.

Perhaps they fitted their own ICE and sold the Bolero. Then when selling the car bought the cheapest OEM looking solution they could find?

Thanks all for replies and in terms of what you suggest - yes dealer is fairly confident they had a sat nav box.... so more likely as you say!

Thinking some posts in the ICE section soon as a visit to a certain *bay could be in order.

Thanks again.