Elegance DIN unit cubbyhole/draw issues

jgraf94

have been having trouble with my cubby hole/draw underneath the  standard stereo single din unit in the elegance model!

The unit will no longer 'lock in/shut' when pushed back into the dash, as it would normally lock in and work on a touch to open/shut system

It's seems as if some plastic or a spring has broken within the unit and will no longer hold shut on its own

Has anyone had this problem before? if so is it a simple spring exchange or a new unit job, have not yet had the time to take it apart and inspect. 

Cheers guys, Josh 

• 1 year later...

Bumping a old thread, my draw no longer pushes in all the way. The plastic pin at the back of the tray has come loose slightly which stops the tray from closing all the way, and stops it staying closed - anyone got a quick fix to stop this clip wobbling up and down, and to only allow it to move left and right?

IMAG0169_zpsfi1maczz.jpg

Here's the thing that moves to hold the tray closed, appears there was a little protrusion that used to follow the guildlines shown on the tray, any idea if they sell replacements of these? If not I'll consider a DIY job.

Issue solved!

After hunting around after realising a little plastic nipple had snapped off the plastic lever, I found it! Gonna attempt to super glue it back together, I'll post pictures and info for anyone else trying to save themselves from buying another tray at £20+!!

IMAG0170_zpslzdwrmes.jpg

Edited by Avante

Problem solved, I glued the small plastic nib back on go the lever and now my tray works again, money saved. Presume jgraf94 no longer needs to know this as this was a old thread, but it may come in useful for others.

• Like 1