Someone please help. no interior lights

hi i have had a water leak in too the car via the pollen filter housing and fixed this i also had one on the O/S/R door from the inner door panel leaking but i sorted that i checked the other threads on water leaks checked the wires under the passenger foot well and they seem to be ok some of them are a bit green but not to the extent of some of the pics on here but none of my interior lights or my puddle lights on the wing mirrors work so is there something i have missed please help running out of idea's any advise would be much appreciated. 

Oh and my heater control motor the one that switches from hot to cold air doesn't work is this related.  :wall:  :devil:  :thumbdown:

The heater control could be the temperature control servo motor which is on passenger side above the gear tunnel near the footwell vents.  A scan with VCDS would show it.

To be honest on your lights it sounds like you just need to follow the sticky information - cut out the bad nodes, re-solder and then see if they are still not working.  If they are still not working you could have a damaged CCM or corroded pins on the CCM connector.  If they are a bit "green" - well "green" doesn't conduct electricity very well...! :)

• Like 1

i got my own snap-on solas and it does come up with a fault with control motor,

i've checked the ccm had it apart not green inside or green on the pins but i did spay everything with contact cleaner and good old WD40 i have got green nodes done the 3 that looked worse than the others but i will do the others and hopefully it will work. thanks for the advise. just hope this weather lets up so i can do it cheers Jimbof  :thumbup:

Good luck sorting the lights, hope you get it fixed.

If you have access to the factory service manual just a word of caution - it seems to recommend taking the dashboard out for all these motors and at least two of them (the temperature control one and the demister one I believe) are accessible with patience, some good tools and more patience... :)  I've done the demister one as it was ticking and failing to settle into position, took about an hour.  My temperature control one was playing up but seemed to sort itself out after a couple of "basic settings".

how do you carry out basic setting i dont know anyone with vcds  :sweat:  but i have a snap-on tool but that is hard to use unless i know the channel numbers for basic settings on expert mode?? i live in Somerset so if anyone can help it would be good