Wheel Sizes

BJM

Does anyone know if the 16" wheels on a Mk II are interchangeable with those on a Mk I ?

i.e. same mounting bolt spacing, central hole diameter, offset etc.

The reason I ask is that the Mk II we are getting doesn't have a spare, just the inflator pack, whilst the old Mk I has a brand new, unused steel wheel and tyre.

If they are the same I'll rescue the old one before it goes for P/X.

I've no problem with this, the dealer didn't even check my old car out, just made an offer based on the age / mileage, and openly advised to not even bother to wash it before bringing it in, as it will go straight to auction without their workshop even looking at it.

Remember the jack and wheel brace

Oh yes!!

and the little plastic tweezer thingy for removing the bolt caps, and the double ended screwdriver and and and.

In fact all the tool kit bits except for the locking nut adapter (I may be tight fisted, but I'm not evil, and maybe someone off here might buy her at auction )

Just discovered that in fact it has 17" wheels, not 16" so that plan has fallen through.

Ah well, i might as well trawl the bay to find a suitable set of manky VAG wheels , get them stripped and plastic coated in black, and save up for some winter tyres for next year.

It'll have to wait a while though as I've a few other expenses to sort out first.

Nothing wrong with using a 16" wheel as a spare, that's all you get when you order one with the car (makes no difference if the car comes with 16" 17" or 18" wheels)