Felicia steering rack

A bit of googling threw up http://www.skodarallyblog.com/?cat=24 and a mention of a bespoke rack, i believe it is member djaychela's blog/old car.

Is there any information floating about, who made the rack? And just how expensive was it?

I guess there are no easy VAG swaps for the Felicia rack :( . Is the PAS rack quicker?

Thanks for any info

djaychela (Darren) has not been around for some time now, I think he's running a seat Ibiza rally car nowadays, might be worth dropping him a pm to lure him in. I must admit I find the turning circle appalling on the power steering rack.

To answer here rather than PM (so others can read in the future).... the quick rack that I had was an LHD one that came with a job lot of parts I bought.  Obviously being LHD the internals were not interchangeable to put in an RHD one, and I sold it along with the new LHD shell I bought that had a weld-in cage fitted.

I heard rumours that a Nova rack would be adaptable to fit in the Felicia, but didn't look any further than seeing the superficial similarities between them; might be worth looking at as there are plenty of rally ones about if it does check out.

I am indeed now running an Ibiza, with a 2 turn lock-to-lock rack in it (custom made by a swedish company), and it transforms the car on gravel, it really does, but then so does a C/R box, LSD, decent suspension, etc., the list is never ending!

• Like 1