Knocking in full lock

Since fitting the coilovers I've noticed when stationary if I turn a full lock I feel a cluck from under the foot well. I haven't gone stupid low but I have standard drop links, do I need adjustable ones?

I have just lowered mine on coilovers and haven't this. I'm still on standard everything apart from the obvious coilovers. I'm no mechanic but could it be ball joints?

Heard of this before, think it maybe a knackered cv joint..

Thought that sort of knocking was apparent in full lock when driving in a circle and more continuous.

I need to investigate when it gets warmer.

Might not be related but you never know.........

I used to get a knock in my Focus when on full right lock. Turned out to be a worn suspension bush, according to the (non-Ford) garage.

Might not be related but you never know.........

I used to get a knock in my Focus when on full right lock. Turned out to be a worn suspension bush, according to the (non-Ford) garage.

I fitted new wishbone bushes about 15k ago but you never know. I have a funny feeling it's to do with the ARB or links, but I will investigate sometime.

Sounds like CV joints to me.

Find an empty carpark or somewhere large enough and smooth, you don't want surface noise and undulations making an impact, to do a full turn on full lock without hitting anything or straightening up 

Pull hard left and do a few circles as slow as possible. Repeat right. Repeat left and right in revers. Suggest you do this with any front wheel drive car you intend to buy.

Even the slightest knock is unwanted

I can feel it under my feet while in the drivers seat, just one clunk with each direction change. I've a feeling it's maybe the ARB clamp mountings moving or hopefully not, the steering rack.

• 7 months later...

I know it might sound odd but have you tried moving the suspension parts with a bar whilst the wheels are on the ground. Have seen before that when suspension has no load on it then knocks arn't always present

Sent from my Galaxy S5

• Like 1