Yeti radio upgrade

After a genuine sat nav to go into a 2014 Yeti without paying dealer prices. I would like it to work with the display on the dashboard too and understand that although there are a lot of models within the VAG group and some would need reprogramming. Would like DAB too, my car already has bluetooth and not that bothered about multi discs and could do without dvd. Can you help I think a RNS 310 or 315 would do?

As an option the RNS510 would do but I would need some way of connecting external video source. I have a digital tv tuner and dab unit that I could connect. What additional cables would I need to connect?

Thanks for your help,

• 2 weeks later...

erm RNS 310 has nav and bluetooth built in

RNS 315 has nav, bluetooth and dab

and for RNS 510 you would need to find out if it has DAB built in or not because there are 2 versions. The rns 510 does not have bluetooth built in but because you have bluetooth already in your car it would work well with the 510. You would need a DAB aerial for the RNS 510 Dab or RNS 315 to connect to

Would the VW or Seat versions work as these seem to be cheaper online? Looks like I'm going for a RNS510 or how does this compare to the Kenwood unit? My Yeti is due to be built next week, once delivered my wife can have hers (she's only driven it twice  :happy: )

we have a VW and a Skoda at home and Ive noticed the skoda versions are cheaper than the VW one. I fitted a Skoda one in my VW as it was way cheaper than the vw one. It looks very odd as it has green leds whereas the vw ones have blue so I will probably sell mine soon when I find a nice VW one. 

we have a VW and a Skoda at home and Ive noticed the skoda versions are cheaper than the VW one. I fitted a Skoda one in my VW as it was way cheaper than the vw one. It looks very odd as it has green leds whereas the vw ones have blue so I will probably sell mine soon when I find a nice VW one. 

Do all the functions work, such as the display for parking, aircon and the mfd?

Do all the functions work, such as the display for parking, aircon and the mfd?

yes well in our passat cc, we have aircon and mfd but no parking sensors and In the octavia, same again aircon and mfd works but as they never came with parking sensors,ive not tried the parking sensors display. I would assume this would work right away if you have parking sensors built into your car and they are from factory (the skoda pdc module would be fitted in)