-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Ha! I'm planning a drive to Prague next month. Couldn't have picked a worse time for petrol prices... I wonder if they'll give me a discount for driving a Škoda?
-
Round trip Calais to Prague - any tips?
As the title says, travelling from Calais to Prague and back in October. Can anyone offer advice or tips on routes or stops along the way? Driving my 66-reg Superb. It made the trip to Porto and back a year ago without a hitch, so I don't expect any problems. New battery, good tyres, only 33K miles. Thanks.
-
freelunch started following Window trim missing , Round trip Calais to Prague - any tips? , Rear Door/Window Chrome Trim and 5 others
-
Rear Door/Window Chrome Trim
When you fit the part, make sure that when you open the front door, the trim does not lift the rear door trim. My mechanic had to reseat the front door trim as well.
-
Rear Door/Window Chrome Trim
My local mechanic (south London) charged me £76.10 for the part. I used to get my window trim fixed by the dealer until my warranty expired. It has always been a problem. I tried gluing it in place with a silicone glue. (I thought it might flex in heat and cold.) But running down the autoroute at 90 mph, I heard it start flapping and before I could pull over, it ripped off. My mechanic assured me that the strip was cosmetic and the door/window would not leak while we were waiting for the part.
-
Fuel gauge reading incorrect - running out of gas with range left
While my fuel gauge has been pretty accurate, I always reset my trip odometer at each fill up as a backup.
-
Touch up paint
I got some XtremeAuto touchup paint on Amazon. The colour match was excellent (Corrida Red) and it was cheap. The included brush was a bit clumsy, so I got a finer brush. Worked for rock chips and a bigger gash, which you don't notice from 10 feet away.
-
Skoda super 2.0 tsi mpg
Over 8 years, my 2.0 tsi has averaged 36 mpg. I measure at the pump. The worst tankful was 26.5 mpg, the best 43.1 mpg. I do a lot of town driving, but take an extended trip most years. Having come from a 2.0 Brera, I'm happy with the mileage. I only do about 4K miles a year.
-
Columbus ICE very sluggish start up
Yes. Now I'm turning the ICE unit off before I switch off the car to see if that helps. Turn it on after the car warms up a bit. Except, I only drive the thing once every two weeks, so it will be a while yet.
-
Columbus ICE very sluggish start up
Thanks for the reply, but I do not have OTA.
-
Columbus ICE very sluggish start up
Dear Superb owners. I have started a thread here: ICE Is anyone else experiencing very sluggish ICE start up during this cold weather, of have I got other problems? Thanks.
-
Columbus ICE very sluggish start up
My Superb is 8+ years old. My AGM Halfords battery is four years old. Just lately, the Columbus ICE takes ages to start up, lots of pinwheeling. I am hoping it is just the cold weather causing the problem, but the unit is over eight years old and the Halfords battery is just four years old. The car starts fine, even after being parked for two weeks. The Columbus unit worked perfectly during our month-long holiday Sept-Oct, except for having to reboot a couple times when the navigation got confused. Please tell me it's just the freezing weather! Thanks.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
My eight-year-old passed its M.O.T. with no advisories. This comes on the heels of a 2,646 mile tour of Portugal, Spain and France over 30 days. I had to have the water pump replaced before I went, but the car never missed a beat. Well, aside from losing some window trim on the autoroute at 85 mph. We spent nights in León, Santiago de Compostela, Vigo, Porto, Salamanca, Logroño, Bielsa, Sète, Grenoble, Colmar and Laon. I'm knackered! We had two days of rain (Santiago and Colmar) wore t-shirts and sandals in the beginning, winter coats by the end. I lost and had to replace my plug adapter, my laptop charger and my cap. I lost my phone on the second day of our trip, but ran back to the restaurant and the waiter was holding it. I lost my phone on the 26th day of our trip, but ran back and the barman was holding it. Sheesh! Santiago was a major disappointment. We were looking forward to our return after 19 years, but the town is a certifiable victim of over-tourism. Sète and Porto were the most fun.
-
Window trim missing
My local mechanic has ordered the part. Says it will be about £60-70.
-
Window trim missing
I'm taking the car in for its M.O.T. tomorrow. I'll see if the mechanic can fix it or if I have to go to the dealer.
-
Window trim missing
I have had a couple issues with the window trim on my 66-reg Sportline. These were fixed by the dealer under warranty. While doing 85 mph in France last week, the trim on the near side back door lifted and was completely ripped off. On the drive to the Chunnel, we had fierce wind and rain. The back seat remained dry. So, my question is: is the window trim purely cosmetic? The car is out of warranty and I haven't taken it to the dealer for service since. I doubt they would do a good will repair. Any idea of cost, or if a breaker might have such a thing? Thanks.