Torque users, show me your CR fuel rail pressures

Gyp

Interested in what maximums folk are getting on different engines (105, 110, 140, 170 etc)

I'll start with 23,374 psi on a stock CR 110.

CR_110_fuel_rail.jpg

This is warm engine (oil at 60 degrees plus), full throttle, up a steep hill

• 1 month later...

Well, it might only be me interested in this, but my hope was that I'd discover the difference in boost and rail pressures between the different diesel models.

Having posted up the figures from my CR110 up there, I can now post up the equivalent for my CR170

With me doing this on my phone, I may or may not be successful

2014-03-23%2011.49.28.jpg

Hmm, not visible from here.Will sort the image when I get to my pc.

Key information was

Boost:

CR110 20.6 psi

CR170 22.8 psi

Fuel rail pressure:

CR110 21,603 psi

CR170 26,668 psi

Hi, I am interested - lot of difference between cr110-170 in terms of rail pressure - I though normally this was quoted in bar as in cr4 up to xx bar cr5 up to xx bar. CR170 running about 1850 bar.

I was interested in what you are going to do with this info?

John

No problem in converting the psi to bar; it's simply what the Torque app was set to by default.

My interest was mainly when I was thinking about remapping the CR110, to see how hard the fuel pumps and forced induction were being pushed to achieve the power increase.

It would have been nice to have seen figures for stock 110, 140, 170 and mapped versions of the same from various mappers for comparison purposes.

Being totally selfish, I was hoping to see that the remapped 110 pressures was within the stock 170 pressures to give an indication that the remapping was not likely to cause premature damage.

As it is I've got the 110 up to 170 by trading one yeti in for another, but I'd still be interested in peoples' figures if they've got Torque or similar running as I find the pressures involved quite impressive.