Phone book import again.....

iancjc

Over the past 5 months I've gone from a Samsung s3, to an old Nokia, back to the s3 then a Chinese cubot one dual sim (HTC one knockoff) and finally to a moto g dual sim (Android 4.3 Asian/Australian firmware.).

All the other handsets imported all 200 contacts into the columbus unit, with the moto I get 31, a real mix as well, it appears those 31 only have one number per contact name but some of the others not imported have one as well..... So no pattern.

Any ideas what might be the reason? I don't think it's having + etc in front of some fone numbers.

Everything else is fine, even able to listen to tunein pro radio app via bluetooth while driving.

Thanks for any help guys.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by iancjc

I have a SII and noticed that if I used any custom fields for the Contact it wouldn't be imported, for example for my contacts for Hayseldens Skoda, in the Samsung Kies Software I had used the "Other" option and added "Hayseldens Doncaster" for 3 contacts there but none of them would show up in the car, once I reset them back to one of the standard choices (Mobile Phone, Office, Home etc) they showed up, so maybe you have some custom fields somewhere in your phonebook?

Edited by EyghonUK

• 2 weeks later...