What car next for 1500

I did however, sell my mk1 octy vrs to buy this!

a18a9dc9.jpg

bdc48800.jpg

e25fea43.jpg

that's the 1.7 turbo lump that some r5 gt turbo owner stick in there's is it not ? Had a r 5 raider before and miss it badly with a t25 turbo forge actuator and forge double cap but that was before kids came into the equation lol.aw well maybe one day lol...

Anyway before i rabbit on I seen a lovly clio 172 phase 1 in black very rare with 89k two keys fsh taxd m tested for 900 so could be taking it on sat BUTTTT?

Also seem a civic sport yes guy Ano puddle jumper compared to the vrs but it's a 05 plate very very mint with type r extras 110k fsh with tax n test jap style back box which is rather sexual lol for £1300:-)

Trouble I I love the 172 ph1 they are rather nippy and never had much trouble with my 172 cup...so wat do you's think?......also been offer a audi a4 1.8 t 2wd tho 02 plate mint for £1300 but it's a bit of a wagon all standard and not as sexy looking as the civic or 172

Civic sports are slooow mate it's a trim level nothing sporty about them just granny's bingo wagon with a few shiny bits. Clio goes well but I just don't trust French cars. My mate calls them triple F , F£&ked From Factory. but it's your cash and if you're into em then go for it.

The eBay one looks sound mechanically it would be a fixer upper I'd be looking at.

Mileage is decent but for the price and condition in my opinion its abit much.. ive had about 5 VR6's over the last 2 years.. picked up a mint mulberry highline with full history 115k lowered on brand new coilies and polished audi TT Comps for 950.. Paid 950 for one with a nackered gearbox but got a gearbox with it and done the labour myself.. wasnt a highline but had the highline spec.. Swapped my MK2 GTI for a Mystic Blue VR6 sold that for 1700 even with it being a CAT D.. Did look the business though.. Picked up another for 600 on ebay looked the biz in the picks turned out ot be a nacker.. still got 850 back on it had loads of mods.. Had a black R reg had a red bumper and grill on was fast a f**k sold that for 850.. and now im wating for a local guy to fit the heater matrix in one before i have it off him.. 4 door R reg highline in black.. bored to 3Litre and cammed.. No tax and a dent in drivers rear door... 600 :happy:

If your up for it mate go for it... but beware of the rusy floor pans on them.. if its that bad on the top side wonder how bad it could be on the under side.. :think:

• Like 1

Mileage is decent but for the price and condition in my opinion its abit much.. ive had about 5 VR6's over the last 2 years.. picked up a mint mulberry highline with full history 115k lowered on brand new coilies and polished audi TT Comps for 950.. Paid 950 for one with a nackered gearbox but got a gearbox with it and done the labour myself.. wasnt a highline but had the highline spec.. Swapped my MK2 GTI for a Mystic Blue VR6 sold that for 1700 even with it being a CAT D.. Did look the business though.. Picked up another for 600 on ebay looked the biz in the picks turned out ot be a nacker.. still got 850 back on it had loads of mods.. Had a black R reg had a red bumper and grill on was fast a f**k sold that for 850.. and now im wating for a local guy to fit the heater matrix in one before i have it off him.. 4 door R reg highline in black.. bored to 3Litre and cammed.. No tax and a dent in drivers rear door... 600 :happy:

If your up for it mate go for it... but beware of the rusy floor pans on them.. if its that bad on the top side wonder how bad it could be on the under side.. :think:

Not seriously looking at the mo was just saying that would be the kinda car I'd be looking at. I do agree it's a bit overpriced I always haggle when buying cars anyway.The mulberry highline was it P520EOD that was my old VR6 miss that car. :rock:

Edited by chrisw4266

I paid a grand for mine and was tidy on TT comps

34407877-DF80-44BE-895C-CD415D377919-572

It wasn't till I took it off the road to do the bits I wanted that I noticed the drain hole in the rear passenger floor had started to rot away.

There are plenty of good examples coming up for sale but the prices are starting to rise

I paid a grand for mine and was tidy on TT comps

34407877-DF80-44BE-895C-CD415D377919-572

It wasn't till I took it off the road to do the bits I wanted that I noticed the drain hole in the rear passenger floor had started to rot away.

There are plenty of good examples coming up for sale but the prices are starting to rise

Yep they are becoming ever more and more expensive to buy...

I think the stock VR6 handles like crap though. Didn't you?Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Mine was on Coilovers with braces front and rear, stuck like glue ;)

can't comment on standard handling unfortunately.

Minters are fetching strong money.

Well guys basically have found my new car if all goes well on sat

Got a clio ph1 172 a tad better than the ph2 model...anyway seen it on the gd old gumtree and went to view it tonight with the mrs on first sites does not look as sexual as my vrs by far..

So that's the bad part which isn't really that bad lol anyway....the car is completely standard no mods watsoever black in colour which tbh there ain't many ph1s in black around.

So it's got 90k on the clock with service history no knocks bangs etc belt been done in good nick and been looked after guys wanting £900 which teh in my opinion is a steal I know renault very well as I have been brought up most of my life with renault in the family.

Ano it's a big change from the octy but I feel as if it's goiny be money money money with my octy Which I simply just cannot afford so many wee niggles need fixing and it's a shame to let such a lovly car go but I hope the next owner takes better care of it.

The clio on the other hand is so much Easyer to work on for me personally and yes I know it's not German build quality but I am knw that if anything goes t1ts up with the clio I can fix with ease.the skoda I can't am that means garage bills etc.

Well been let down with the clio as I thought I was going to be getting the car and the guy telling me he will keep it till sat/sun he gave me a text late on last nyt telling me that a guy came to his door and gave him a grand for it so had to let it go :-(..

So that hunt continues lol

Well been let down with the clio as I thought I was going to be getting the car and the guy telling me he will keep it till sat/sun he gave me a text late on last nyt telling me that a guy came to his door and gave him a grand for it so had to let it go :-(..

So that hunt continues lol

It's an omen lol,

You are destined to own a vr6 :)

Seriously tho, that's a bit **** of him tbh, especially if he said he would hold it for you.