New 307 WRC

Dutch4x4

Originally posted by TaviaRS in this post

Just as Skoda gets a smaller car, they go and launch a bus :rofl:

text2schild.php?text=word&typ=3&col=13,105,3&shcol=255,255,255

Perhaps there's some FIA rule that handicaps a winning team with gangly cars that barely fit on some stages? That would be a good explanation for VAG's entries of late after the domination the Coupe Quattros used to serve up.

Originally posted by Dutch4x4 in this post

I wonder, do they also have a cabrio version? :D

Having read up on the complicated manufacturing process from the 307 CC homologation model, I'd say a road-going version is on the cards - with the roof not welded shut!

BTW, the 206 was in fact too small and got special dispensation - as did the Corolla before it - because Peugeot wasn't keen on entering the WRC with outgoing models such as the 306 or 406. I guess the other manufacturers got fed up with this rules exemption - which led to three WRC titles in a row - and this coincided neatly with Peugeot's wish to promote the 307. The only 307 model with a low enough CoG was the CC - otherwise they'd really gone rallying with a bus!

The 206 WRC has always looked ugly-ier than the road car simply because of the bumper extensions to meet WRC regulations. The 307 doesn't look that nice, reminds me of the Renault Megane Cabrio to be launched in the near future

• 3 months later...

From autosport.com:

Peugeot 307 ready for Monte Carlo

Team says it may run third car on certain events

Peugeot has decided to debut its new 307 model on the Monte Carlo Rally next month. The French marque also says it may run a third car on certain events in 2004.

A team spokesman confirmed the decision to wrc.com, thereby ending weeks of speculation about whether the car would be ready for the January event or not.

A Peugeot statement confirmed Marcus Gr