-01 1.4 Octavia, interference engine or not?

As the title says, is the 1.4 an interference engine? I have a spare, but I'm wondering if I should bother stripping the wreck or I can just slap on a new belt. I've done a bunch of Toyota's that survived snapped belts... Longshot, but maybe.

For the record its not my Octy. I'm not stupid enough to wait this long before replacing the damned belt.

Yeah, I kinda figured. It snapped on idle, so might just slap on a new belt and give it a go. Its not economically feasible to repair the engine anyway, can't really get any worse... 

Wouldn't bother fixing it if it didn't have a sentimental value to the owner... Might not survive anyway, not even sure it'll pass the Swedish MOT with the spare 1.6.

Not necessarily a new engine required, just whip the cylinder head off and have a look first, you might just get away with fitting a few new valves if it broke at idle, or possibly just source a new cylinder head.

There are absolutely zero parts for this bloody thing. I already checked. For the amount of money I could find a cylinder head, either new, or a used one shipped internationally, I could buy another low mileage engine locally. I can totally imagine the Skoda salesmen laughing in the break room at every poor sod that they managed to talk into buying an Octavia with an 1.4, it was insanely underpowered and was just rubbish overall. 

Besides, I already removed the spare engine from the wreck. I'll be damned if I spent five hours in a chem suit for nothing. I don't really fancy working on a wreck that four people died in... Nah-uh...

Edited by DaKKs_152