Goodbye Fabia Hello Ibiza

roadster

I have decided to part with my TSI 1.2 105 PS and unfortunately I can't get what I want from another Fabia. I'm after the 1.4 TSI ACT 140 PS engine and this means a SEAT.

The Skoda had been faultless but I can't afford to run a VRS so it has to be the Ibiza. From underneath it looks like the same car but I'm looking forward to getting more performance for less petrol. Its a shame that Skoda haven't got round to using the ACT engine yet. Its the one in the Polo Blue Motion GT which runs on 2 cylinders when power demands are low. Only a matter of time I expect.

So for now its farewell to Fabia fans.

regards Roadster

• Like 2

Enjoy it, there are plenty of vRS that have cylinder Deactivation & run on 3 cylinders without any notice.

VW have not sold many Polo Blue GT, or Audi many with COD, so it will be interesting to see how they fair.

I did not know that there was a Seat available now with ACT.

Must go and nosey at it,

as to Fuel Consumption, that will be a matter of finding out how truthful VAG are on that front.

Lets hope Seat Technicians are better with the ACT engines than they have been with Twinchargers, 

because that is as poor as Skoda, VW, & Audi ones have been.

EDIT,

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/new-cars/derivative/63385

Impressive figures if achievable, but Manual, and seems expensive,

but like all Seats, if you keep them, you might not lose too much money on them,

Or you stay with  Seat you might get a OK trade in.

It might be an Engine that will be offered in the Mk3 Fabias.

• Like 1