Adding Eibach Springs and Spacers to the vRS

Perfect height! How is the ride comfort compared to stock springs?

Not going to lie it is bumpier but not bad at all, I think it compliments the car well being a sporty model, i don't mind it at all. Has made the handling and steering response much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just out of interest Robfab or anyone else do you have any pictures of the car with Eibach's but not spacers on?  I'm having the Eibach's fitted but I'm loathed to go down the route of spacers after having them previously.  Do the 19''Xtremes sit far into the arches without the spacers?

• Like 1

I'm having the Eibach's fitted but I'm loathed to go down the route of spacers after having them previously.  Do the 19''Xtremes sit far into the arches without the spacers?

What was the issues with spacers on your previous car? Handling?

Surely a lower offset on the same width wheel is exactly the same as using spacers?

You'd need to widen the wheel as well so the hub face fits central to avoid any extra stress?

• Like 1

I was the same with the wear on bearings but thought stuff it, probably wont own the car long enough to be a problem. The xtremes do sit in the arch a lot without spacer I'm sure iv got some photos somewhere

Thanks Robfab. That's a great help. I'm know not sure as the gap doesn't look too bad especially side on where the car sits 100% perfect in height wise.

I'm currently in a vRS hatch with 25mm Eibachs and no spacers and I'm living with it fine. The view of the car is only let down from 3/4 angle from the back looking forward if that makes sense.

• Like 1

Thanks Robfab. That's a great help. I'm know not sure as the gap doesn't look too bad especially side on where the car sits 100% perfect in height wise.

I'm currently in a vRS hatch with 25mm Eibachs and no spacers and I'm living with it fine. The view of the car is only let down from 3/4 angle from the back looking forward if that makes sense.

Middle pic looks the dogs and could defo live with that Moley. Very nice car Rob!

No problem at all glad its helped you. Yes its definitely the rear that lets it down. Theres a parking space at my local bank that when I walked to the car I thought no that looks pathetic and 'limp' with rear wheels sat so far in, the other i parked in the same spot and looks perfect now. But don't get me wrong its a car I definitely turn back and pleased I own without the spacers haha.

If i remember correctly the rear wheels sat in the arch 34mm and the front 25mm

Edited by Robfab
  • Like 1

9848ec28c69f086410df345d67063af5.jpge9c646afe12a0c10b4525a620924df25.jpg8fea84bfbfa745d4dafd2dc0cda85df1.jpg

Thats all iv got on phone at the minute. Not very good showing it to be fair

That is sitting perfectly, it's the best look IMO, just low enough and wheels nice and flush.

• Like 1

Hi there,

@Robfab your car looks great"

Has anybody had any issue on OEM dampers, due to sporty springs ?

I have a set of H&R on SWMBO's city car working nice, but my garage reworked the dampers.

In the case of the Octy I would avoid modifying them.

Thanks for sharing,

Edited by Genoa1893
  • Like 1

9836ca33b841e9fd793d1d5604c35c34.jpg

I think it sits how it should for all of them.

With regards to dampers, it is something I'm aware of however currently on 10k miles and no signs of any issues, the eibach springs I believe don't lower the car as much as the H&R and a lot of manufacturers approve there springs such as ford and skoda on other models, a friend of mine has H&R on his polo gti and is finding the suspension creaking and not the best.

Thank you all for the kind words :)

Edited by Robfab
  • Like 1

If it's any help I have had email confirmation from a Skoda dealer in the NW today that Eibach's can be fitted with no other mods (i.e shocks) required. Supply and fit is approx £400.

• Like 1

If it's any help I have had email confirmation from a Skoda dealer in the NW today that Eibach's can be fitted with no other mods (i.e shocks) required. Supply and fit is approx £400.

Which dealer was that? £200 for fitting seems a bit steep for a couple of hours, unless they have it listed as taking more hours than that?

Which dealer was that? £200 for fitting seems a bit steep for a couple of hours, unless they have it listed as taking more hours than that?

Awesome GTI quoted me £150 for fitting and that was also an offer price so maybe £200 from a dealer is reasonable

• Like 1

If i remember correctly the rear wheels sat in the arch 34mm and the front 25mm

This information is exactly what I was looking for! Now I'm thinking of no spacers in the front, and 10mm back. Has anyone gone for this?

Simpsons Preston. Whilst the price is not cheap, you do benefit from an official Skoda dealer supping and fitting the springs which is a benefit for those looking to keep the task in warranty.

• Like 1