Replacing roof aerial. Octavia Hatchback. Any advice?

After successfully fitting a parrot mki9000 bluetooth kit without destroying the car I've decided to do the aerial!

So I've ordered my replacement aerial and some trim tools and this week I'm going to do the job!

I'll take photos whilst I'm doing it but I'm really nervous of taking the trim panels off. Before I start has anyone got any pointers as to where the clips are, how many there are and where to prise them from?

Do I need to take off the side trims or can I do it with just the main rear trim panel off?

Any thoughts on the job as a whole gratefully received.

And any particular photos more useful than others?

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've just added the gsm, GPs and radio aerial, if it's the hatch you'll need to get into the boot, remove the panel across the back which just pulls down, then you can just about get your hands in and undo the current aerial.

It's tight in there. But it's doable

Some images I took today whilst doing the job. Took me about 40 minutes. Tho spot the deliberate mistake - the wire doesn't come through the centre on the original install. All works fine tho.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk