GardX - when is this applied?

Can anyone tell me, at what point is the GardX applied (if you choose as an option)? The reason I ask is that I'm considering telling the dealer to leave all the stickers and do the valet myself... I know what muppets dealerships can be, they're bound to **** something up so I'd rather do it myself.

The only issue is, I did ask for GardX so that might pose a problem to my plan. Unless of course, it is applied at the factory, I get the feeling this is applied once it gets to the dealer...

Thanks.

It's done at the dealer, by the muppets as you say. I never let a dealer unwrap my new cars, always send my detailer to them to do it before I pick up. On service I also tell them NOT to wash it for the same reason.

Seen so horrendous paintwork because of the dealer letting a 17 year old wash boy apply a professional paint protection product.

Best bet. Little wrong with the product but to give you some perspective from an amateur detailer type, I spent almost 2 days (1 with a pal who is a pro) prepping mine.

Applying the actual sealant took maybe 3 hours out of that time.

Dealers won't / don't have that luxury so will usually peel off the stickers and slap the sealant straight on. Not ideal.