Fabia 1 (MK2) MDI retrofit.

Hi, I I was just having a thought about how you can't change tracks with the AUX port whilst driving (without using the iPod and risking crashing anyway) and was thinking:

Can you get the MDI port retrofitted to the Fabia at the dealers? (Swing radio if that alters anything)

Where would it go? (Poverty spec Fabia without the glove box lids)

And does anyone know how much it would cost to have done?

Once again thanks for any help in advance.

I cant help a great lot, abd will be interested in other peoples responses to this.

However, i can say that the mdi on a fabia goes below the bottom glove box, where that straight blank bit of plastic is above the passengers knees is.

So, to update the topic, I called in to the dealers today and asked if they were able to retrofit MDI, and they said they couldn't. So that's put a dampener on that one.

However he did say I could opt for the bluetooth for around £300 Don't fancy paying £300 to be able to skip a song though so I think I'll keep it standard.

It's possible..  I have the same question.. I found a  full kit with unit, cables.. I have a swing radio with Aux-in.. I just looking for another kit because I want the BT too. If you buy this kit, you need to reprogram the Radio and Media codes.

I was just thinking about this again today, Would an auto electrician be able to do this? And would they be able to get the parts or would I have to source the parts and take them to them? because I know there's an auto electrician near VASStech in Northallerton.

http://www.northallerton-auto-electrics.co.uk/

It says Most popular makes of in car audio supplied and fitted. So I would think it would be worth a pop in to ask about it? (yeah, sorry I don't like communication other than in person really)

I dont see why not.

I dont think the wiring is the problem though, its where to the mdi thingy. Iv read a few times on here that people cant source the panel under the glovebox with the mdi in.

Unless your happy with it in the glovebox. I cant see why you coulnt do that