Hello from Newcastle upon Tyne

marietto

Been lurking on the forum for a while. Looking for a decent Fabia VRS. Have just sold my 480bhp Subaru Impreza and it's time to get myself an economical runaround that I can also reliably and cheaply modify (in comparison to the Subaru :happy: ).

Have found this private sale special edition below and I am going to see it on Saturday morning. If any of you experts can let me know if there is anything I should be looking for, please let me know. Seems in good nick, seller is very helpful, have HPI checked it and all is well and the important things - cambelt, discs, pads & tyres have all been done in the last couple of thousand miles.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201401311460146/sort/default/usedcars/onesearchad/used/postcode/ne209jt/radius/80/price-to/6000/price-from/5500/page/1/keywords/vrs/fuel-type/diesel/make/skoda/model/fabia?logcode=p

I have to say though it is hard coming from my baby which I put my heart, soul and bank balance into overr the last 2 years!!!

DSC_0027_zpsc3e5d6ee.jpg

Any advice on where the best places are for a remap in the Newcastle upon Tyne/North East would be good also.

Cheers everyone

Mario

Nice looking scoob, I had a skyline a couple years ago, loved the power hated the fuel bill :D

just put a deposit down on a VRS me self...

Cheers

Daz

Thanks Daz - already putting my list of modifications together...old habits die hard :rofl:

I know what you mean, have not even picked mine up yet and already thinking of what i can do to it :p

I haven't bought mine yet!! Hopefully tomorrow will be the right one. I will be sorting the following quite quickly:

AP shocks & lowering springs

Powerflex poly bushes

Rear ARB

LCR front splitter

Powdercoat alloys

Then I will drive it for a while before i get a remap.......and the journey continues. Don't think I ever went a single week without doing something to the Scoob - I imagine it's a similar story with the Skyline

Well I am now the owner of Skoda Fabia VRS SE Number 739 :happy:

Lovely little car. Needs all 4 alloys refurbed adn the rear roof spoiler has paint/lacquer all peeled off and the odd scratch here and there but otherwise drove lovely the 100 miles home and averaged 65mpg - which is quite a difference from the 20mpg my other car was giving :rofl:

• Like 1

Awesome Scoob easily one of if not the best iv seen like

My brother actually owns his own Re-Mapping business and lives in Newcastle.. well more towards Sunderland if you're looking for a re-map

That Subaru <3

Why havent I seen it around Newcastle before?! Where abouts in Newcastle are you?

Maybe I'll see you around in the Fabia :)

Edited by kiddy1

Finally picked mine up last night. This things have a lovely amount of torque! Have a couple questions will get them sorted once I can post in the fabia forum.

Cheers

Daz

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk