How much can you get in?

So I am wondering how long the load space is with the seats down and how much stuff you can get into a Fabia Hatch.

Can the Arm rest be removed easily to aid some extra length to the load space?

Could you for instance get a side board into the back and close the boot? Depending on the size of course.

The title of this thread really threw me...

Honestly I found my hatch to be a useless car for "load lugging".

If you're thinking of getting a hatch, book an extended test drive, take it home and shove some stuff in it. That's the only way you can know for sure if it'll do what you need.

At the end of your stuff-stuffing session, take the car back to the dealers and either place an order or be glad of the free joyride :)

If you're on about everyday stuff then I find my hatch has more than enough room, been 4 up with luggage for a couple of weekends away and everything fitted in the boot.

My mountain bike goes in with the front wheel removed although I do have roof bars now. As far as sideboards go then you're gonna need the estate, it's quite roomy by all accounts but all Mk 2 Fabias are slightly narrower than the norm so be aware.