Swapping orders

Had a chat with my dealer yesterday, about frustration of lack of delivery info. Mentioned strong chance of canceling and produce a carwow quote for an a4 black edition. They mentioned they had a vrs combi demo on order. He then mentioned in a round about manner having it de tagged and swapped to my spec. Did mention there is a penalty though from vw for doing so.

He also showed me the screen showing lead times on vrs are now 19wks from order and no options are listed as having an effect on that.

Yesterday I was told the vRS lead time is around 20 weeks and that regular Octavias are around 12 weeks, when I said I was looking around 1st September for my new car he said "you may as well get a vRS then if you're going to wait that long" haha

Just an FYI, that lead time doesn't take into account the summer factory shutdown. I was told that would typically add another month, fior my early February order I was advised to expect to wait 6-8 months.

I ordered 3 of feb, told my car could be built wk14.

Took that one with a pinch of salt. I want it beginning of September. Dealer said not a problem. I asked if not then could I have a loan car from then on to which he promised he would.

Edited by allyst170

There is a dealer in leamington spar with new 14 reg vrs for sale. Friend of mine wanted to buy but they wouldn't budge on price and wanted give him crap p/ex for his yeti. Although he really wanted the car he wasn't prepared to be mugged off.

Yesterday I was told the vRS lead time is around 20 weeks and that regular Octavias are around 12 weeks, when I said I was looking around 1st September for my new car he said "you may as well get a vRS then if you're going to wait that long" haha

Sounds about in line with what I've been told (via the fleet management company) - 1.4 DSG Elegance Estate hopefully ordered last week, allegedly I'll have it 2nd week of June.

Just an FYI, that lead time doesn't take into account the summer factory shutdown. I was told that would typically add another month, for my early February order I was advised to expect to wait 6-8 months.

When is the shutdown ?