Audi TT Alloy wheels on Superb?

mrh

Hi,

After 12yrs the alloys on my Mk 1 have seen better days - struggling to get the tyres to seal on the rears.

I've been offered some Alloys from a TT - same size etc - even got good tyres on them!

Would these be ok on my Superb?

My only concern is the different weights of the vehicle.

Please can anyone advise?

Many thanks

Matthew

The superb runs with an offset of 37mm (this is centre of tyres compared to mounting on hub) 

So long as the Audi are close to this you should be OK.   The Tyres will need to be the same size (or one of the alternatives - look in your fuel cap it lists the "standard" tyres approved for the car).

Beware if they are different you risk upsetting the balance of the car,   tyres rubbing arch liners (if further into the car),  knacking you wheel arches with stones flicking off your tyres ( if tyres stick out too far )

Edited by langtone

OK - looks they have an offset of 43. 

But I don't know of that makes them closer to the arches or further away!

Is 43 close enough to work?

Don't really want to mess about with spacers etc.

Thanks again

Matthew

ET43 will sit out 4mm further... nothing to worry about, BUT those sizes sound like MKI TT wheels! (MKII are generally between ET45 - ET52 IIRC)

Thanks for all the advice.

Think I'll give them a miss.

Not enough information available to be sure.

All I know if that they are from a TT, Ronal design, with 225.45/17 tyres.

Others I've seen on Ebay seem to be 100PCD - that match the photo I've been sent.

Thanks for everyone's help.

The hunt for 2 original alloys for Mk1 Superb continue.....

Cheers

Matthew

The official winter steel wheel is actually ET40 now for Superb MK1 so there is clearly some leeway.

Bear in mind that winter wheels are generally narrower than the OE fitted wheels, the width of the wheel has a direct impact on the ET required.

• 2 weeks later...

Also a correction to the above: a larger ET will sit further IN not out.

And it's calculated relative to tyre centre line.

So standard superb spec is 37mm offset 225 45 17.

If you go for 225 45 17 with 32mm offset, the outside of the tyre will sit 5 mm further out.

But if you go for 205 55 16 tyres on steel rims that are also 32 mm offset, then the outside of the tyre will sit 5mm further in that the standard wheel with 225 45 17 tyres. (5mm-10mm=-5mm).  I get 10mm from 225-205, divided by 2.

If you want the outside of the tyre to be in the same place as standard 225 45 17 on 37 mm ET, on say some sporty 245 width tyres on wider rims, then you need a 10mm higher ET, i.e. 47mm.

Audi alloys tend to be quite high ET due to the hub design, around 50mm is typical, so on the Superb you need Spacers.

I'm sorry if I confused anyone.