How easy to fit replacement handbrake?

Morning all

A couple of months back I managed to rip my handbrake gaiter off the handbrake, snapping the plastic clips inside it. It's now like shaking hand with a terminator.

I've looked for a replacement part and it's not cheap to replace the gaiter by itself, but I've found on ebay second hand part that doesn't just replace the gaiter but the handbrake itself.

Anyone ever tried replacing this bit? See link.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-Fabia-VRS-Handbrake-Lever-Handle-with-Black-Perforated-Leather-19-02-/221377359097?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

Cheers

Matt

Never done it, but if you can see the mounting bolts down below the handbrake lever it will be easy.

if you can't see them it's probably a console out job so a bit more work but not too bad :)

My first post here, so hello to everyone. 

It's quite easy. You just have to unscrew 3 screws beneath the front ashtray, 2 screws under the rear ashtray, and remove that little plastic cover around the handbrake lever. Than raise that plastic ashtray cover at the front(You probably don't have to do it, because You don't have to take out the whole centre console. You just need to raise it) , pull handbrake a little and raise the whole centre console. 

The rest of it is obvious. Undo two screws holding the handbrake lever and lose the screw holding handbrake cables to remove them, and You're done.

Edited by tomkierz