Black pack Gloss rear window trim

Can the window trim on the "Black pack" kit be replaced?

I seem to have incurred a vertical scratch on mine behind the rear side window and interested to know if i can swap it out for a new one?

The black pack doesn't come with window trim, only the front grill, side mirror covers and the roof rails on the estate. That black trim on the windows is standard across the range. And yes, you should be able to order a new one and replace. Have you tried buffing it out first?

Edited by TudorM
  • Like 1

The black pack doesn't come with window trim, only the front grill, side mirror covers and the roof rails on the estate. That black trim on the windows is standard across the range. And yes, you should be able to order a new one and replace. Have you tried buffing it out first?

Ah ha! cheers!

Not yet, just noticed it at lunch break in the car park. Would a fine paste or clay do the job?

Something with a bit of bite to it, those areas shouldn't be too hard to polish out, try a dab of AG SRP first, then if that don't work, then step it up to something with a bit more bite, the rougher you use, it may remove the scratch but you might have to work back down the polish to something very fine to return the gloss maybe?

That's what i'm afraid of, creating more work.

It's not even finger nail depth although i've prepared myself for buying a new section to be fitted so i may as well have a go after my trip to Dartmouth tomorrow. I may need to polish out a few more stone chips/scratches by then!

Cheers for the info!