front cloth seats on vrs

Front edge of my passenger seat is beginning to get worn. So much so that l can see the 'frayed' material sticking out from the edge where the join is. Looks worse from the drivers seat looking over. Funny thing is the drivers seat is not as bad. Car done 12k in 4 months-mostly up the motorway on my own!

Dealer has to book it in and take pictures and send to SUK. Another car at dealership has same problem with these cloth seats.... 2 per dealership? anyone else?

Was given the abnormal wear excuse - damn right it is.

mkll vrs with 110k not had this, 60k polo not had this, 200k bmw not had this.

Watch this space for how they don't replace the cover.

Can you post up a picture please, not sure exactly which bit you mean, would be good to know so that if there's any adjustments that others can make, we can do it now before the same happens?

Not a vRS but the Alcantara section of my drivers seat base on my nearly 4 week old Elegance (after 1k) is already starting to sit proud of the seat foam when getting out of the car having sat in it for a short time. Quick pat of the hand lays it flat again but a poor show on such a new car. Just waiting for the passenger seat to do the same.

The leather upholstery in my MK2 vRS wasnt particularly great either. Think Skoda only really pull of cloth interiors IMHO.

If I remember rightly the interior seat fabrics etc have a 6 month no quibble warranty against premature wear etc, I had a Touran a few years ago where after about 18 months not not a great deal of mileage the drivers seats was going all bobbly, and VW took a photo and replaced the seat covering with no issue at all, so you should hopefully get a similar result.

People seem to mention quite often about premature seat wear on Skoda's, but having looked at and seen many VW's I wouldn't say it was specific to Skoda!  Maybe they use the same manufacturer?  Maybe its time they asked for them to be finished slightly better and slightly better materials? Or at least a more hard wearing longer lasting material?

• 3 months later...

Faith restored in Skoda, thought they would dispute. New seat cover to be replaced under warranty, there has been a Skoda bulletin re this issue. Very nice dealerships to wait in now with tv,drinks papers and confy chairs.

• Like 1