Wash Mit is malting for summer, time for a new one. What to buy?

WookieeM

Thanks also...I just bought another :dull:

I have done probably over 200 car washes with it..and the leather inside is just starting to break up

So new one on its way and the old one relegated to a 'sill washer' pad!!

The price is putting me off a bit. Maybe next Monday month :-)

There have been two recent Group Buys on other sites with Rob @ Dooka offering good prices.  :thumbup:

So keep your eyes open mate.... bargains to be had - even on these quality items.  ;)

Sorry i thought that was a new seat cushion but no lol, would like to try one but that one for me is just too big can you get smaller ones.??

LOL - yes - they are available in small, medium and large sizes Mark.

Dooka does a good wheel mitt too  :thumbup:

Watch out for the Group Buys on the set. Bargain compared to list pricing!

• Like 1

Purchased.....cheers all.

Description: Carbon Collective Concours Wash Mitt

Item Price: £ 17.99

Qty: 1

Total: £ 17.99

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Description: BWF Mega Mitt Supersize Wash Mitt

Item Price: £ 5.39

Qty: 1

Total: £ 5.39

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Order Qualified for the following Discount(s):

7.5 % discount for Briskoda members

Wondering how the Member from the original post is getting on with their purchase - as above?

Would be good to hear a review on the Carbon collective wash mitt?

I recall they had some batch related quality issues; but this was resolved.

Always looking for alternatives...

I would rather WookieeM posted up a review on his thread, for the benefit of all to read and benefit from.  :)

As a Detailing Sponsor - sure you are better placed to offer a group buy arrangement.

Another feather in your cap, arrow in your bow, and all that.... something to look int i'm sure!

I got my group buy price from the OCD Group Buy forum; organised by Dan Hughes  :thumbup:

• Like 1

I would rather WookieeM posted up a review on his thread, for the benefit of all to read and benefit from.  :)

As a Detailing Sponsor - sure you are better placed to offer a group buy arrangement.

Another feather in your cap, arrow in your bow, and all that.... something to look int i'm sure!

I got my group buy price from the OCD Group Buy forum; organised by Dan Hughes  :thumbup:

Where is the ocd group buy forum?

• Like 1

Yes...Found it now myself now

Link broken and no more information

I cant even get to it via Facefhing

HOWEVER

I have eMailed Simon @ Dooka ...awaiting a response

Please watch this space

Happy to have a go at a review.....

Had the Carbon Collective Concours Wash Mitt for about 3 months now.

Used it on average every week over the 3 months. It's still in great condition, I rinse it through after every use and hang in the garage to dry on the end of a brush handle.

Holds plenty of water and washes the car really well, with Megs Gold in my case.

Sometimes wonder if the 'hair' is too long as when it's full of water it's a big sodden lump, not sure it would pull dirt into itself and protect from swirls as well as a shorter 'haired' offerings perhaps. I'm no scientist on the performance of dirt retention and hair length!

I use a seperate cheap noodle mid on the sills and lower bumpers so the mitt only cleans gentle surface dirt, after a good hose down or powerwash first, so the mitt does not have a hard time.

Would I buy another, yes.

Would I look for alternatives when it finally dies, yes. (Fun to play)

As a side the Bears wax factory cheap mit looks and feels pants haven't used it yet. Not sure I will!

Hope this helps as a review!!

• Like 2

Happy to have a go at a review.....

Had the Carbon Collective Concours Wash Mitt for about 3 months now.

Used it on average every week over the 3 months. It's still in great condition, I rinse it through after every use and hang in the garage to dry on the end of a brush handle.

Holds plenty of water and washes the car really well, with Megs Gold in my case.

Sometimes wonder if the 'hair' is too long as when it's full of water it's a big sodden lump, not sure it would pull dirt into itself and protect from swirls as well as a shorter 'haired' offerings perhaps. I'm no scientist on the performance of dirt retention and hair length!

I use a seperate cheap noodle mid on the sills and lower bumpers so the mitt only cleans gentle surface dirt, after a good hose down or powerwash first, so the mitt does not have a hard time.

Would I buy another, yes.

Would I look for alternatives when it finally dies, yes. (Fun to play)

As a side the Bears wax factory cheap mit looks and feels pants haven't used it yet. Not sure I will!

Hope this helps as a review!!

Cheers for taking the time to write that up mate!  :thumbup:

Very much appreciated.

• Like 1