VRS rear brake upgrade question

Hi all.

I have the 312mm front brake setup on my Fabia VRS and want to fit the 256mm rears as the tiny rear discs look pants and are in need of replacement anyway.

I tried once before with a set of Golf 4motion calipers, etc... but they didn't fit. Carriers didn't line up with the hub. I assumed this was because of the 4wd setup on the Golf.

Question...I know the 225bhp TT is 4wd but would calipers/carriers off of the TT fit the Fabia?...or would I have the same problem as I did with the Golf brakes?

Anyone tried?

The reason I ask is I have a mate about to break a TT and I have first refusal on the calipers, but don't want the grief of stripping mine down (again) to find they don't fit.

If TT calipers aren't suitable, does anyone have a pair of calipers with carriers available that will fit? Ideally local to Kent.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.  :happy:

p.s.  I could trade a pair of brand new genuine Skoda rear shocks for a VRS...brand new and boxed which I was about to put on thief-bay.

Methinks I should just search for a 2wd 256mm setup if the TT ones don't go straight on.

Faffing about with spacers sounds risky when dealing with brakes...even if it is just the rears.

I did suspect that the 4wd TT ones wouldn't be suitable but didn't want to assume.
It wouldn't have been totally beyond the realms of feasibility that the TT rear setup was different to the Golf 4 motion and fits the Fabia.

Thanks guys.