Colour Code Scout Bumper

Hey 

I was wandering if any knows what the colour code is of an 2013 Octavia Scout bumper set. The car had new front sensors fitted last weeks as they were faulty under warranty and the body shop that my dealer uses completely messed up the colour of them when painting them. They have said it was due to they have to try and match it as they don't have a colour code for the bumpers. 

I asked the Skoda dealer and they have said that they can't find a code either which I believe to be Bo****ks. The car is going back in Monday so they can "TRY" to get a better colour match but if I can present them with a code when I take the car in then they wont have an excuse. 

Cheers

Didn't make a note of them but TPS mentioned that their computer gave 2 colour codes for my Scout, one for the bodywork and one for the plastics. I think it was referred to as the roof colour for some reason (Maybe because the roof bars are the same colour as the plastic cladding?) so your dealer should be able to see this detail on their computer also.

L7DL?

http://www.touchuppaints.com.au/index.php?cat=229&make=Skoda&model=OCTAVIA

Best off ringing Skoda customer services 08457 745745, option 4.

Although when I rang them for a paint code for a set of their silver alloys they were clueless.

Edited by silver1011

I have a touch up paint set that came with the car, I will check later, is it only the Cappuccino color or it has a bottle for the bumpers too as there are 2 or 3 small bottles.

I have 2 sets, and just opened them for our dear poster  ;)

1. Small package is Cappuccino paint + clear lacquer,

2. Big bottles package has 1 x 2-coat base cappuccino paint + 1 x 2-coat clear lacquer for base pint.

All in all no bumper paint  :wall:

120thdz.jpg

2568xac.jpg

2u4m2id.jpg

Hey guys

Thanks for all the posts, I'll give Skoda UK a quick call in the morning. As a call to my local dealer again came up with nothing.

Cheers CEPi for opening your paints it is really appreciated.

Andy

I tried that site and unless I'm using it wrong I couldn't find it anywhere, probably just me though and too not worried about the price as I'm not paying for it, I'm just doing the body shops work for them as they couldn't be arsed to find the colour code themselves and we're going to "try" to match the best they could!!!

• 1 month later...

@AndyGScout after a lot of Googling I worked out that the paint code is actually L7DL - I ordered some from these guys

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221131939170?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

and its a perfect match for my wife's '62 plate Fabia Scout bumpers - its an Audi colour code I think (from the ebay entry) but is listed as Flat Grey Mat Bumper.  Just don't understand why they ship a bottle of clear lacquer also!

Thanks for your post as it gave me enough of a hint to find the paint code as when I asked in the Fabia section a year ago no-one knew the answer, and my dealer had no clue either when I asked them!

Edited by RussD

@AndyGScout after a lot of Googling I worked out that the paint code is actually L7DL - I ordered some from these guys

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221131939170?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

and its a perfect match for my wife's '62 plate Fabia Scout bumpers - its an Audi colour code I think (from the ebay entry) but is listed as Flat Grey Mat Bumper.  Just don't understand why they ship a bottle of clear lacquer also!

Thanks for your post as it gave me enough of a hint to find the paint code as when I asked in the Fabia section a year ago no-one knew the answer, and my dealer had no clue either when I asked them!

So this should fine for our 2010-2013 Scout gray plastic bumper?

Cheers, nice work! :)

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect this, but as per Marewx’s question does anyone know the paint code for the matte silver on the front bumper of the Scout and if it’s the same as used for the optional silver roof rails?