Rattle...

My superb has a little annoying rattle, it sounds like it resonating from the engine bay more of a tinney/ metalic rattle heard on acceleration normally around 1500 to 2000 revs, I think its the heatshield just behind the engine at the back. It does not do it when the car is cold but as the car gets warm it appears but only when I put load on the engine, easily cured with stereo turned up but you know what its like soon as you pick it up you hear it all the time.

Would something like that be covered by warranty ? The car is just over a year old.

I would be supprised if it was the air intake box, I have read about that but the sound is like metalic pinking sound if that makes sense rather than a rattle. To me it makes a noise as if you were tapping thin metal

I would be supprised if it was the air intake box, I have read about that but the sound is like metalic pinking sound if that makes sense rather than a rattle. To me it makes a noise as if you were tapping thin metal

Sorry, hadn't read your first post correctly.  The heat shield rattle is also a known issue.  There is a pipe that sits close to the heat shield at the bulk head.  The pipe has a white plastic foot on it facing the bulkhead.  I wrapped some insulating material in aluminium tape and wedged it in between the plastic foot attached to the pipe, and the bulk head.

Here you go - this is the fix in pictures.

Thanks thats the area I think its coming from, I was thinking of the same and had a quick look earlier, looks like not much room for my big hands so maybe a struggle lol.

Thanks thats the area I think its coming from, I was thinking of the same and had a quick look earlier, looks like not much room for my big hands so maybe a struggle lol.

No probs.  Just make sure the engine is cold when you do it!  If you tap the heat shield, you'll get the metallic rasp.  Hopefully it's the same noise that you're experiencing.