daytime running lights

Hi I have a 2009 Octavia facelift and it has the DRL,s beside the fog light in the same lamp

I am just wondering if there is any way of setting them so that they don't turn off when I turn on the parking or headlights on the car, I know that on the vrs fl the DRL,s stay on but just go dimmer,

Just wondering if this setting can be applied to any Octavia or just the vrs

No, on the non-vRS the DRL's are single purpose. DRL's only.

On the vRS they double up as side lights - hence why they dim.

Having the DRL's on at full brightness during the hours of darkness or in poor visibility is not a good idea as they are bright and will dazzle, pretty much like front fog lights do when used inappropriately.

It is however possible to set the front fog lights as DRL's and reduce their brightness (using VCDS), but then these also turn off completely when side or dipped headlights are turned on, so little point since you already have dedicated DRL's.