Engine change

I have a 2006 vrs blt, you may have seen that I had a problem with, white smoke on idle, had the injectors checked and all ok on idle at high revs they are a little under. I put the injectors back in and it's still the same has recently had a new turbo so not that,

I am looking to change the engine. what am I best of doing replacing with another blt or a different engine code, am looking to go for a round 250bhp in the future, could I buy a 150 arl or such and just use that with my egr delete and anti shutter valve.

An I right in thinking that is possible thanks

Hang on, you've gone from having white smoke (possibly steam) on idle to deciding to buy a new engine?! Do you change cars if a bulb pops?

If it's white on startup/idle then it's normal condensation in the system, if it's white and goes on for more than 5-10 mins then it's probably HG related so check the coolant level and for a fine oil layer on the top of the expansion tank, if it's funny smelling and off white then suspect oil and have. A cold (read frozen) steel plate or similar will help you diagnose as it'll condense the steam/smoke back.

Buying an engine with unknown history isn't the answer without further investigation, you could easily be buying someone else's problems and the labour (read cost unless you do the work and time if you do) required to find out is quite high.

Before you go changing the engine, are you losing coolant? Are you losing excessive amounts of oil? How long does the white smoke stay for on idle? Is it just when you start the car and its cold? Or is it all the time?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hang on, you've gone from having white smoke (possibly steam) on idle to deciding to buy a new engine?! Do you change cars if a bulb pops?

If it's white on startup/idle then it's normal condensation in the system, if it's white and goes on for more than 5-10 mins then it's probably HG related so check the coolant level and for a fine oil layer on the top of the expansion tank, if it's funny smelling and off white then suspect oil and have. A cold (read frozen) steel plate or similar will help you diagnose as it'll condense the steam/smoke back.

Buying an engine with unknown history isn't the answer without further investigation, you could easily be buying someone else's problems and the labour (read cost unless you do the work and time if you do) required to find out is quite high.

hi it smokes all the time up until 2000 rpm under load when driving, no water lose or oil.

you can smell the diesel in the smoke had injectors tested and come back ok

now and again you will come of the throttle to change gear and the revs will rise to 5k for a few seconds then drop, it has also cut out twice on me while driving.

what it is I work in a brakes yard, I brought the car from salvage, it had light passenger front damage still has

original head light, it broke the power steering pump.

engine swap I would do my self so no labour charges. I would of just changed the engine but don't have any blt engines in the yard at the moment

on diagnostic it comes back as missing on cylinder 4

Edited by merrett07