Rns510 or rns310/5 instead of Bolero

Thinking of changing the std stereo in my 2011 octy. I had a 2012 fabia vrs and retrofitted rns310 which worked great but the sound when listening to music wasn't great. The bolero in the octavia was day and night different when we bought it, sound is great, so don't want to lose the quality by going to a rns510 or rns310/315.

The car doesn't have maxidot.

Any advice guys?

Just changed my Bolero for an RCD 510 DAB and I'd say it sounds pretty much identical. The only difference being the ability to pick up DAB and speed variable volume seems to work better.

Dab would be nice but the cd is also nice to keep. Only difference I can see is the 310/315 has a smaller screen. My boss has a 310 in his passat CC, he finds it useless, when I had the same in my fabia I found it great

• 2 months later...

Fitted a Amundsen+ to my octavia. Absolutely great. Problem is I fitted a Amundsen to my 2012 fabia and had the sat nav antenna under the top glovebox and it worked perfectly never lost signal.

The one fitted to the octavia I have fitted the antenna according to a guide on here on a metal bar behind the centre vents and the signal seems to struggle to get it then it picks it up and it's fine, but takes a while to get there, which is a pain.

Have I picked the wrong place to fit the sat nav antenna?