Electric window problem

Hi everyone!

I recently bought a 2001 Skoda Fabia and so far it's been a great car. There is just a small issue with the passenger side windows of the car. Neither the passenger or the rear passenger window can be opened using their switches. I can however operate both using the drivers controls. On top of that it seems like something has been wired up incorrectly because when i open the window using the drivers controls I can use the passenger switch to close the window by pressing down on the switch which is meant to open it. The car recently had a new part fitted because one of the passenger windows stopped working. I could take it back to the garage and get them to fix the problem but if its a simple fix I would rather do it myself. Does anybody know what this could be before I start stripping panels off the car?

Thanks

Steve

I'd take it back to check, the passenger switches might have failed causing a short and then causing the odd drivers side failure.

You can pop the switches out without removing trim - look underneath for the hole and use a small screwdriver (tip wrapped in gaffer tape) to pop the catch and lift out.

Cheap fix if they are duff, your dealer should take back if you don't use them (check first!).

Hewesy