I have just became the proud owner of a falicia fun,

I have a whole list off modifications I want to make, as it is standard, what are the best/ cheapest options on suspension.

Also I want to remove the spoiler but can't find any extra trim anywhere to top off the tailgate, all input would be greatly appreciated :)

hi,if you want to lower it the cheapest way is a set of lowering spring off ebay,there about £120 a set and give the truck a better look in my opinion.cant comment on the spoiler as I think they look better with them on... :rofl:

The spoiler is bolted on from the inside of the tailgate, you need to take the panel off the inside of the tailgate and use a long 13mm socket on a stick to reach it, be aware that they are no longer available from skoda anymore and neither are the plain non spoiler type either.

I'm fairly local to you if you need anybody to pass you spanners while you are swearing at it.

Worst thing is the rust they can have... bigger wheels are a good place to go as 13s are way too small and lowering them is good as well but most comes to taste. Tom is the man to know and sounds close too. Going to convert my fun soon to have air con... stupid I know when the back opens up.. You can easily add oem stuff like the electric mirrors and central locking nice little mods...

The spoiler is bolted on from the inside of the tailgate, you need to take the panel off the inside of the tailgate and use a long 13mm socket on a stick to reach it, be aware that they are no longer available from skoda anymore and neither are the plain non spoiler type either.

On the later types, there are two long rods that run to the bottom of the tailgate.......

$_12.JPG

One of these will carry the wiring for the brake-light too,

• Like 2

How do I get rear tommy gear bumper off as the rest is off and its needed to have front wings and pannels thats behind indicators then the welding begins are the sills and inner sills the same as the hatch shape wise.... and can you get rear archs wings

Rear bumper? Take off the 2 rear inspection panels inside the bed, and there is 2x 13mm bolts down in the corner near the bumper end moulding, there are some bolts underneath the bumper too, the normal pickup rear bumper is 3 seperate pieces, but a fun bumper is just a extra piece which is bonded on over the top of the 3 pieces. By all accounts they are. Pig to get off without busting them.

the inner sill is the same I believe, the outer part doesn't have a cutout in for the rear door that a hatchback has but oth than that they are pretty similar, a decent welder/bodyshop should be able to cope with that anyway.

You can't buy a rear arch section for a pickup or fun any more, and they are not the same as hatchback or estate ones either, again a decent welder could make these parts up from new metal pretty quickly.

• Like 1

Rear bumper? Take off the 2 rear inspection panels inside the bed, and there is 2x 13mm bolts down in the corner near the bumper end moulding, there are some bolts underneath the bumper too, the normal pickup rear bumper is 3 seperate pieces, but a fun bumper is just a extra piece which is bonded on over the top of the 3 pieces. By all accounts they are. Pig to get off without busting them.

Both mine were not bonded on, just the bolts as  described and 4 screws on the inner edge where the tailgate drops in to. Certainly no bonding involved.

This is the second difference I've noticed with your truck Tom (the first being the bars inside the tailgate for the spoiler). I am aware that the Fun did have a minor evolution at some point. I know the original ones had all-cloth trim and yellow fabric on the door-cards......maybe the interior wasn't the only evolution.

Mine got full grey interior heated too looks like my funs going red to be different.... and thanks for how to take rear bumper off mines in good nick just hope it stays that way all body kit removed hole too so get all welding needed done at once....